Friday, May 18, 2012

"Funny how a melody, sounds like a memory"

Alright y'all!!! It's the post you've been waiting for I'm sure!! It's ERIC CHURCH TIME!!!!!    If you don't already know, I went to the Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert concert here in Nashville and the Bridgestone Arena.  I bought my tickets in January, I think before I even had a job, and paid a pretty hefty price.  I wanted to make sure that I had good seats, and thought the only way to get general admission was to get these VIP Backstage tickets.... ha ha so that's what I did!! Anyways, I was sooo excited when the day finally came, because I had been waiting FOREVER to see him and everyone that knew me knew when it was and how I was about to bust!  I was afraid I might not get it off work because it ended being on Cinco De Mayo, but once I saw I had it off, I was real excited.  But then EC cancelled the show the night before his Nashville one, and I was freaking out that he might have to cancel that one as well!  Oh how I forget no one would DARE not show up for their Nashville performance, so once I got the go ahead from his facebook page that the concert was still going, I freaked out even more!!!!!  So Saturday comes, and I don't know what to wear!!! I mean I went from store to store to store trying to find a cute dress, but of course nothing looked good ,or fit right...  and then I couldn't find a cute outfit, so I ended up just making a shirt ha ha now I regret it but I just wanted to be comfortable and I knew it would be hot!!  So I threw my hair in a braid and this was the final result... Don't ask my what my shirt says, I'm an idiot :)
I'm ready!!!
So I was finally ready for the show, and if anyone knows me, I hate being late and would rather be early so I can get a good spot!! ha ha well, let's just say I got  GREAT spot! I got there at about 1:45, doors didn't open up until 6:00 and show started at 7:00....  yes do the math... There were actually 3 people in front of me in line! Crazy huh!  There was a mom who was saving a spot for her daughter, and then sisters, Carolina and Amber who had driven from North Carolina, 8 hours, to see Eric Church.... And I thought I loved music ha ha ... ya let's just say they were a little obsessed with him..  A little while a later, a couple showed up, Taylor and Mitch... they were sooo awesome!! Obviously I'm a little social butterfly and started talking to everyone or else it was gonna be a LONG 4 hour wait... it ended up being SOOO fun! We chatted the whole time, Taylor and Mitch are from Alabama, and travel alllll the time to go to concerts... Taylor is just as obsessed with concerts as me so it was sooo nice to be able to talk to someone who understood where my heart was coming from when I spoke about country music!! So we sat around and chatted the whole time, exchanged numbers, added eachother on facebook, and now me and Taylor talk all the time!! ha ha actually texting her right now as I'm writing this :)  Her and Mitch are coming up tomorrow to the Miranda Lambert concert that I'm going to and we've already planned on getting there early, being more prepared this time, and going out to eat afterwards!!
Carolina, Amber, me, Taylor...Die Hard EC Fans
Here's a picture of all us girls!!! ------->
And then there's me!! with all my goodies to go see Eric! I just went back, ate some food, and got to see him perform to accoustic songs.. I stood in the back because I wanted to hurry up and not miss Mr. Brantley!  And all those friends I met saved my spot so I was right in the front by the rail!!  I already had my red wristband so when they opened up the doors, I booked it to the floor... It was awesome!!!!
Ready to Rock
I'm gonna go ahead and just put some pics up of the concert.. to be honest, Brantley must have been having an off night 'cause he was better at country thunder in AZ when I saw him then he was this night... which sucks 'cause I really like him and wanted a good show... oh well! here are the pics for ya!! Brantley played first an then Eric came!!
Showtime!
No I used no zoom, yes I was that close
"Let's take it outside"
"Brotha I'm hell on wheels"
The Gang (with out new friend James)


How 'bout you!!!


It goes BANG BANG BANG while it rang rang rangs
Jack Daniels

Homeboy


These Boots

Ugly boots I might add

Springsteen

This was such an awesome concert and I loved every minute of it!!!!!! I hope y'all were able to experience a little of the greatness and excitement that I did at the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Love Y'all
Lil' Miss Lolo <3
(Livin' life & lovin' it, from the South)


No comments:

Post a Comment