Saturday, January 7, 2012

“Every new day is another chance to change your life”

Oh Nashville!!!! How I have enjoyed just my short time here so far!! My roommate Heather and I just recently got jobs at Chili’s, and knowing that we might not have a weekend off again, we decided to go celebrate our last night in Nashville with our friend Tamie with us! The greatest thing about Nashville is that you don’t have to pay for a lot of the entertainment, except to tip them since this is how they make their living. So we decided to go to the Cadillac Ranch for dinner, hoping that there would be a live band playing, and alas there was!! And they were awesome! They are called “The Springs,” and have opened for a lot of big name bands, such as ERIC CHURCH!!! Toby Keith, blah blah blah.... People I LOVE!!!! So you better believe we rocked it while we were there. Knowing every word to pretty much all the songs they sang definitely makes for a great time.. They played some great covers and were really good at what they did! The guys in the band were fun, and all under 23!!!! I couldn’t even believe it! But the band was quite fun! They sang to us, definitely personable, and the guitarist even sat down at our table and just chilled and played. Thus the picture you see to the right --->


Ha ha I guess the flash from my Blackberry like blinded him, made it hard for him to play haha it rocked though! It’s been nice to really be myself, loud and crazy, and it’s no big deal! Their manager was trying to like sell them, saying they were single and the oldest is 23..... we talked to them a little bit after the show and they were definitely chill, a band I'm for sure gonna go see again!


We then went to see another guy play, Lewis Copeland, pretty rockin'. He has this 50's feel to his look, but him and his band are awesome! They played some covers of songs that weren't recent so it was definitely a nice change. But let's just talk about the guys in this place..... especially the older ones.... they have no shame and are quite forward. And by that I mean they will stare, and say comments as you walk by.... And that is definitely something I am not use to. Not sure if I like it either though. What is great is that people are really friendly, so when you're standing in a crowd, if you're around the right people, it's fun to chat and get to know those around you. So this part of my life in Tennessee has been great!! I just went on a drive around by myself and the scenery is gorgeous! i need to take more pics but I love it! I'll keep everyone updated!!! Not sure how much of a social life I'm gonna have with the start of my job, but we'll see!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! How fun to see your adventures! Mine is private, but if you want an invite just message me your e-mail on facebook or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey how'd you find it?! I'm glad you did! I just started it bc of my new adventure!!

    ReplyDelete