Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's the LITTLE things that make a HUGE difference

It’s 12:12 at night and I am still awake. I’m watching the news, as the weather continues to get worse and the storms get closer to where I live. I do feel scared but not really worried.. I know it’s not my time to die, but that doesn’t mean that things aren’t going to be hard. This is something I’ve never had to deal with; a tornado… The other night the weather was crazy!!! I never once opened my eyes, but my eyes were lit up from the lightening, and my house was shaken by the thunder. With pluses, always must come minuses, and this is a huge one here in Tennessee. As I sit here writing this, watching the weather get worse and worse, all I can think about is my family, and how much I miss each and every one of them. I miss Ladi and her crazy accents, never judging me, only loving me, even knowing my secrets and imperfections. I miss Adam and his bluntness, but only because he loves me and wants what’s best for me. I miss Damien and his humor, making situations lighter, but being an anchor for our family during the hard times. I miss Amee and the way she thinks of others, hoping and wanting to make them happy. I miss Ellie and the way she tries to get people involved in things with her. I miss Brigg and how he cares about other people. I miss Cason and his sweet eyes that are too young to know anything but love. I miss AJ and her determination to make sure everyone else is happy, even if she isn’t . I miss Braun, who is just himself, and allows and loves my sister and our family for who we are. I dearly miss my siblings, and their families, but most of all, I miss my best friends. I miss Mom and Dad. Not for the free food, or free rent, or free couch I slept on. I miss their company. I miss them just loving me!!

I miss Daddy….. I love that I’ve been able to see him more as a person this last year of living with him. Being able to be around him when the stress is gone, or at least he handles it better has been amazing. I’ve learned to not only love him more, but to actually like him, to respect him and see him as a friend, someone I can rely on and tell things to, knowing no matter what he will ALWAYS love me and ALWAYS be proud of me. And when he says it, you know he means it because he wants to make sure you understand he means it. I love you Daddy.

Mommy, I don’t even know what to say about her….. Though she might have opinions about us, she never judges us. My mom is my best friend. She knows more about me than anyone, and she still loves me unconditionally, never judging any of my choices. She realizes that people need support in order to change, and though she might not like or approve some of our choices, all she wants is us to be happy. And she never wants us to be like anyone us. She loves the people her children are and just wants us to be happy, to be us. I miss all of you!! It’s really the little things that make a huge difference, that make us a family. And we may not be perfect, but you’re all perfect for me. J


Love y'all
Lil' Miss Lolo <3
(Livin' life and lovin' it from the South)

No comments:

Post a Comment